Hythe was first known as Happy Valley named after "Happy Fletcher" one of the early homesteaders. It was officially named Hythe by its early settlers after their home town in England. In 1913, the first post office was established. Kelly Sunderman was another early settler in the region and was the first to dig a well and was soon known as "The Town of Flowing Wells". It is situated on top of a large underground water supply.
HISTORY OF HYTHE, ALBERTA