The area was known to the missionaries long before it was surveyed by Mr. Selby in 1909 as an Indian Trail that led to British Columbia and later where the railway laid its tracks. In 1912, the Mission St-Jean Baptiste de Falher was opened 5 km from the current location. When the railway came to the area in 1915, the settlement was named after Father Constant Falher, a Roman Catholic Oblate missionary who was born in the town of Josselin Brittany, France in 1863 and came to Canada in 1887 arriving at Grouard in 1889. He was known for his ability to speak the Cree Language and referred to the area around Falher as the "Happy Hunting Ground" of the Indians. At that time there were a large number of fox in the area.
HISTORY OF FALHER, ALBERTA
Falher Pirates 2011-2012 NPHL Champions: Captured on VIDEO
More Falher Pirates Videos-Photos-Stats-Game Summaries featured on the NPHL Page of DiscoverThePeaceCountry.com. NPHL PAGE