Walter McFarlane, Dominion Land Surveyor, surveyed this area in 1909 and named Clairmont Lake after his hometown of Claremont Ontario (spelled differently) Previous to that the area had been called Twin Lakes. The rich farmland drew the early pioneers and Clairmont became a hamlet in 1915 about the time when the railway came. The first elevator was built then followed by more elevators later. Some of the first buildings were a hotel and a livery barn.
HISTORY OF CLAIRMONT, ALBERTA