Settlers arrived in the early 1900's down the Athabasca Trail and the Edson Trail and Hinton Trail. The "Bull Outfit", which came by teams of oxen, were made up of Sherks, Smith, Crabb, Lossing, Walton, Flint, Cranston, Miller, Traux and Gaudin. (Members of a religious group). The Pioneer Stopping Place was one of the first places where travellers could get a meal and a nights sleep. Its Post Office opened in 1910 named "Redwillow" take from the nearby river. Later the name was changed to Beaverlodge, which came from the lodges all along the river built by the Beaver Indians.
HISTORY OF BEAVERLOGE, ALBERTA