Fort St James British Columbia



BEYOND THE PEACE COUNTRY
Featuring some of the areas beyond the Peace Country, of northern BC and Alberta.

MORE BC AREAS Travelling west from Dawson Creek to Prince Rupert, BC:



© Copyrite. All photos and information is copyright and property of DiscoverThePeaceCountry.com

Fort St James, BC


.

STREET (en(large picture) HISTORIC SITEenlarge picture CHURCH (enlarge picture)

More photos of Fort St James, BC. Enlarge photos above.

Fort St James
Simon Fraser and John Stuart established Fort St James in 1806. It was first known as the North West Company post and later in 1821, it became the Hudson's Bay Company trading centre.

Fort St James is located 45 minutes north of Highway 16, along Highway 27. The turn off from Highway 16 is only 7km west of Vanderhoof. Fort St James is 61 km from Vanderhoof. Fort St James is sourrounded by thousands of lakes with Stuart Lake on its doorstep.

The population of Fort St James is about 1,300 while the surrounding area of Fort St James is about 4,700.

Visitors will enjoy seeing the Fort St James National Historic Site. On the north side of town, you can view the Junkers W35 Float Plane, Russ Baker Memorial and Lady of Good Hope Church built in 1873.

Fort St James, British Columbia